Attending a Rondo CLT Orientation is the first step in the application process. In the one-hour session you can learn more about Rondo Community Land Trust. Orientations are one-on-one and offered Tuesday through Friday between the hours 9am and 4pm. We are currently only offering to do orientations via Zoom. Call 651-221-9884 or email us to set up an appointment.
1. Determine your eligibility- You are eligible if you meet the criteria listed below
- You plan to purchase a home in Ramsey County
- You have a stable source or sources of income
- You have good credit and reasonable debts
- Your annual household income is less than the program income limits.
2. Attend an introductory community land trust one-hour orientation
Rondo CLT staff will explain the purpose and mission of Rondo CLT, the community land trust model of home ownership, Rondo CLT’s home ownership programs, and the application process. Rondo CLT applications are available at the orientation.
3. Submit a Rondo CLT application
Applications are available at the Rondo CLT Orientation. Applications are reviewed on a first-come-first served basis.
4. Meet with a homebuyer counselor to determine nextsteps.
All teachers of Home Stretch courses are homebuyer counselors; you can arrange to meet one-on-one with the teacher of your Home Stretch course. Additionally, there are several homebuyer counselors who are particularly familiar with Rondo CLT’s programs:
Neighborhood Development Alliance (NeDA)
Counseling available in English & Spanish
481 Wabasha Street South, St Paul, MN 55107
NeighborWorks Housing Service
533 Dale Street, St Paul, MN 55103
839 University Ave W, St Paul, MN 55104
Hmong American Partnership
1075 Arcade Street, St Paul, MN 55106
5. Attend a Homebuyer Education Workshop
This nine-hour workshop gives you the basic tools to move through the home buying process with knowledge and comfort regardless of where, when, or how you purchase your home. Home Stretch is offered at a variety of times by many groups across the Twin Cities metro. Visit the Home Ownership Center or NeDA
6. Meet with a loan officer to apply for mortgage pre-approval
There are specific banks and specific loan officers that currently provide mortgage financing for Rondo CLT’s homeownership programs. Currently, they are as follows:
Mortgage Loan Officer
Mortgage CRA Relationship Manager
Tiffany Phillips Bremer Bank
Mortgage CRA Loan Originator
US Bank Home Mortgage
Mortgage Loan Officer
7. Attend a Final Application Interview.
When all of the above steps have been completed, applicants meet with Rondo CLT staff to ensure that all questions are answered.
8. Buyer selection Committee Review.
Finally, the Rondo CLT Board’s Buyer Selection Committee reviews all applicants to determine approval for homeownership programs.