We are so thrilled to announce Rondo CLT is growing! We’re looking for someone to join the team as a full-time Housing Program Manager. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a natural relationship builder and highly organized.
The Housing Program Manager leads Rondo CLT’s Housing Programs. The overall position goal is to effectively steward existing residential assets, while growing the residential portfolio. This individual will build a project pipeline for new housing developments, represent Rondo CLT in local affordable housing networks and grow the organization’s visibility locally and regionally. The position requires staying current on innovations within the housing policy realm, funding landscape and beyond.
The Housing Program Manager supervises the Housing Program Coordinator.
Stewardship of Existing Residential Portfolio
- Spearhead the establishment of a Homekeeper database system designed to streamline tracking of housing portfolio.
- Oversee the timely and accurate management of Home Rehab Program.
- Review and update all existing internal/external policies and procedures tied to Rondo CLT’s residential programs to eliminate redundancies and maximize efficiency.
- Regularly update all externally facing housing program descriptions in a way that is clear and accessible to multiple stakeholder groups.
- With support from housing program coordinator, reinvigorate post-purchase stewardship activities and programming, including a robust communications plan and consistent feedback loop between CLT homeowners and the organization to stay current on emerging needs
- Assist in planning and executing Rondo CLT’s Annual Meeting.
- In partnership with Executive Director, set annual housing portfolio expansion goals and effectively communicate the implementation plan to Rondo CLT staff.
- In partnership with Executive Director, create criteria to guide decision making for strategic acquisitions.
- Oversee the effective delivery of Pre-Purchase Education Programs and Application Process, including recruitment and engagement.
- Work with Coordinator to manage multiple points of contact with homebuyers, realtors, lenders, partners and title companies during the homebuying process.
- Design and Implement Right to Return to Rondo Pilot Program, including partnership development.
- Expand overall organizational capacity to streamline new residential development projects (i.e. establish a database of real estate service providers including general contractors, architects, property managers, etc).
- Assist in identifying and securing funding sources for residential projects and producing related reports.
- Promote the land trust model, along with other shared equity ownership models (i.e. cooperatives) as an effective solution to housing access and tool to build community wealth.
- Increase Rondo CLT’s visibility by building connections with community organizations seeking housing support and solutions.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of impact reports showcasing Rondo CLT’s work.
- Build and implement a robust community engagement program to build the pipeline for our residential program both from a homebuyer and real estate perspective.
- Provide day to day supervision and support to Housing Program Coordinator.
- Clearly communicate Rondo CLT’s Residential Program Goals.
- Support Housing Coordinator in establishing annual performance and professional development goals.
- Lead annual performance review.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Four years of experience in nonprofit or government sector.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and economic challenges facing low-income households.
- Knowledge and experience working in the affordable housing and/or real estate industry a plus.
- Familiarity with land trusts, cooperatives, and other shared equity models a plus.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills.
- Willingness and ability to work independently; ability to manage time, priorities, and resources effectively in a fluid and fast paced environment.
- Experience with grant writing and fund development a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for building relationships and connecting with a diverse and expanding network.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability.
- Strong computer and internet skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including public speaking, consensus building and the ability to initiate community engagement efforts and run community meetings.
Salary Range: $58,000-70,000
Hours: Full-time 40 hours a week (occasional evenings and weekends) hybrid work environment.
Generous Benefits Package: Health, Retirement, PTO and more.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit candidate summary and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate Summary Questions:
- Please describe your experience within the field of real estate development and/or housing. (250 words suggested)
- How would you describe the ideal work environment best matched with your work style and core values. (250 words suggested)
- What questions do you have about this role or the organization? (100 words)
This position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
May 13, 2022- Priority Deadline